Whether you're looking to study for a year, six months or develop your skills in the evening, Blake College has you covered for Art and Design.
We offer a mix and match variety of courses accredited by Pearson, Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Photography, Fashion, Fine Art and Graphic Design.
Projects are designed to develop practical and creative skills that will inform your digital process.
- Operate a professional digital camera on location and in the studio
- Produce high quality digital images
- Use professional editing software to enhance photographs
- Prepare images effectively for print and web
This hands-on course will prepare you for the rigors of a demanding industry. You will also gain an appreciation for traditional analogue techniques and their place in contemporary practice.
- Operate a film camera on location and in the studio
- Process film in a darkroom and produce handmade prints
- Develop an understanding of lighting design and use professional flash equipment
- Conceptualise a shoot from storyboard to final edit
Our workshops provide the skills and experience necessary to create a stunning photographic portfolio.
- Form connections between technical aspects of photography and visual outcomes
- Shoot portraiture, reportage, still life and landscape photographs
- Process film and implement creative darkroom processes such as toning, bleaching and hand tinting
- Develop a professional portfolio of work