Whether you're looking to study for a year, six months or up your skills in the evening, Blake College has you covered for Art and Design.
We offer a mix and match variety of courses accredited by Pearson, Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Photography, Fashion, Fine Art and Graphic Design.
AUTUMN TERM September, 18th, 2017 - December, 15th, 2017
Projects are designed to develop practical and creative skills that will help inspire and inform your work. Learn to:
- operate a professional digital camera on location and in the studio
- produce high quality digital images
- manipulate photos for maximum effect using Photoshop
- use professional editing software to technically and aesthetically enhance photographs
- prepare images effectively for print and web
Operating from the internationally renowned Holborn Studios, you will have the opportunity to use a state of the art studio and darkroom facilities. Learn from Bill Ling, an international fashion photographer whose editorial credits include Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and Brides magazine.
- operate a film camera on location and in the studio
- shoot in different lighting situations and use a professional flash
- process film in a darkroom with printing techniques
- shoot film in black and white
Blake Photography students pay a small charge of £100 per six week project, or £12.50 for a half day, when using this world class facility.
Workshops provide the skills and experience necessary to create a stunning photographic portfolio.
- make connections between technical aspects of photography and and visual outcomes
- control colour from different light sources
- shoot for still life and portraiture using different studio lighting techniques
- use creative darkroom processes like toning, bleaching and hand tinting
- use photographic techniques, equipment and materials to create professional images