Explore visual concepts through the creative use of words and imagery for commercial, experimental and personal projects. Our studio is equipped with state of the art Apple Macs including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and InDesign software.
- Design magazine, CD and packaging as well as advertisements, logotype and corporate branding
- Analyse typographic design and graphic image making
- Combine digital and traditional processes
Both technical and creative, this course is suitable for beginners and those who want to extend their knowledge. The skills acquired are applicable across art, graphic design and photography.
- Use Adobe CS5 Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver on state of the art Apple Mac computers.
- Manipulate and composite images
- Create logos, typefaces and illustrations
- Design innovative and original websites
This course will encourage you to respond creatively to realistic briefs and a multitude of media such as animation, music and poetry. Wider illustrative genres are considered including comics, street art, cartoons, children's books and magazine illustration.
- Communicate ideas and stories to an audience
- Develop a visual narrative for a commercial product
- Examine key themes and contemporary imagery