The course is designed for students new to image editing or those who need to refresh or develop or their skills further. The teaching is specifically aimed at using Photoshop for editing photographs.
The course will cover the interface, work flow, image adjustments, non destructive editing, resolution and file formats.
Students attending the full summer programme will be working on images taken whilst on the photography courses at Blake College.
Students who have their own laptops and software are encouraged to bring them to the class.
All classes at Blake College of Art & Design are kept to a small number, allowing space for genuine 1:1 tuition with the teacher and a friendly, relaxed environment.
By the end of this course you will have an understanding of:
- Using raw files versus JPEG's
- Adobe Camera Raw
- Bridge as an image browser
- The primary tools in the toolbox
- Colour adjustments and correcting colour casts
- Layers and layer masks
- Using selections to help with editing specific areas of an image
- Adjustment layers for correcting colour, contrast and exposure
- Removing imperfections in photographs
- Non destructive editing of images
- Converting images to black and white
- The histogram in relation to image adjustments
- Resizing an image and adding a border
- Image resolution, size and pixel dimensions
- File compression
- Appropriate formats for print and web
Suitable from beginners through to those with more experience who may be looking to develop ideas and projects.
Each course runs from 10am until 4pm from Monday to Friday and costs £450.
Students wishing to take three or more courses can do so for £395 per course.
All prices include VAT.