From capturing the perfect reportage moment to constructing a studio lit masterpiece, our photography course offers a comprehensive overview of the photographic process. You will be encouraged to gain confidence with the practical elements of the genre and develop a visual understanding of contemporary and traditional references.
- Review the manual settings of your camera
- Gain creative control and express your individual style
- Edit professional grade digital files
- Appreciate photography as an art form and communicative medium
Painting & Drawing
Exploring the creative expression of painting and drawing, participants are invited to develop their observational skills and visualisation of the imagination. This course opens your eyes to the so called 'real world' and channels ideas and experiences into colours, lines and shapes.
- Apply core concepts in colour theory, composition and form
- Express proportion and perspective in your own unique style
- Use gouache, acrylics, watercolours and oils
- Reference a diverse range of artistic movements
The emphasis of this course is to encourage a free and innovative interpretation of practical briefs. Inspiration is drawn from a diverse range of media including music, poems and animation. Participants will develop an appreciation of comic book, street art, cartoons, children's books and magazine illustration.
- Communicate a visual narrative to an audience
- Respond to a professional brief and develop a working project
- Interpret a variety of materials and their relevance in contemporary practice